1. Expert Stock Trading Writers Needed
Pay: $50 per review (I think this is readers who review your work. It’s a toss up, so I am putting a warning on this one. You might not get paid anything.)
Description: Centerfield Media is seeking individuals with experience writing about or working with online stock trading services. Brokerage industry writers ONLY, general freelancers need not apply.
– $50 per review
This is not a full-time position, though there may be opportunities for more contract work after the initial project’s completion.
2. Seeking talented writer for college affordability project (Washington, DC)
Pay: $0.20 to $0.40 per word
Description: A college affordability website is seeking a talented researcher/writer to produce engaging, informative long-form pieces on topics such as grant aid, the FAFSA, and transferring college credits.
The DC-based team behind the site has 6 years of experience launching and growing web properties (which now serve millions of visitors each year) in the education field. We’re excited about applying that experience to one of the big problems facing middle and low-income Americans.
Compensation will be in the range of $0.20 to $0.40 per word, depending on the amount of research required. This will be a long-term gig for the right person.
You don’t absolutely need to use your byline, but may have the option of doing so for some of the pieces.
Experience writing on education-related topics is a plus, but not required.
If you’re interested, please send a short CV and links to 2-3 of your best pieces. Thanks!
Go To: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/wrg/4847868250.html
3. Writing Opportunity with DCDiningGuide.com LLC
Pay: $10/hour (contract)
Description: Do you have a passion for food and a good grasp of the dining scene in Washington, DC? If so, this may be a great opportunity for you. The premiere guide to dining in the Washington, DC area is looking for a contractor to manage its food and restaurant news blog. Gain hands-on experience applying your html and writing skills to a growing website. This contract will run for 12 weeks from March 2 — May 23 and requires approximately 3-4 hours per day, Monday through Friday.
• Maintaining the website’s news feed Monday through Friday.
• Assisting with the maintenance of restaurant listings.
• Besides primary responsibilities, additional opportunities may include collaborating with the site’s creator to develop and implement marketing strategies and assisting with planned expansion to new markets.
• A passion for food and dining.
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
• Basic HTML skills and familiarity with WordPress, some blogging experience is a plus.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision.
• You must have your own computer with internet access since most work will be done remotely, but you should be available for periodic meetings or phone calls.
$10/hour with possible opportunity to earn a bonus based on exemplary contributions to marketing strategy or expansion plans.
To apply, please submit a resume and a paragraph explaining why you’d be a good fit for this role to the email address listed.
Go To: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/wrg/4874989019.html
Thanks for the follow and have a great day!